Minotauros is the small horse really ideal for crossing with ponies to produce top level show jumping ponies: a real gift for show jumping, with huge scope, a good technique and a strong back which he uses very well, strong and supple conformation, an excellent attitude, really easy to use and progeny who confirm all of these qualities.
• Minotauros has been approved for the production of Swedish riding ponies. He completed his performance tests as a 4-year-old, winning (as did his sire) the jumping trials.
• In 1995 he won the trophy for the best pony stallion in all categories.
• He then started a national sporting career over courses up to 1m45, accumulating 41 wins and 46 places between 1995 and 2004. He always kept a cool head and remained poised. He is extremely easy to ride, very kind, talented, willing and strong.
• During the course of his 2004/2005 sporting season, Minotauros exceeded the hopes of his young rider Max Ringbrant: the two of them went out in well-subscribed national and international classes at 1m30, 1m35 and 1m40, winning three times and placed in the top 5 in 6 outings.
• During the last season the pair notched up 4 wins and 15 places in national and international classes. He won the team gold medal at the Swedish national championships (double clear over 1m30/1m40) and in the individuals won the Baltic Cup, winning two of the four rounds reserved for junior Scandinavian and Baltic riders.
• At 17-years-old Minotauros won the team bronze medal at the Swedish national championships (4+0) then unfortunately got injured which stopped him continuing his sporting season.
• At 18-years-old, after several 1m30 and 1m35 classes and several places, he stopped competing for good in order to be dedicated to his stud duties.
His sire Little Boy, a Holsteiner stallion by the legendary thoroughbred Ladykiller, was born in 1972. He completed the performance tests at Medingen in Germany in 1976, winning the jumping trials. He never stood in Germany, given that he had been purchased for a sporting career by the Olympic rider (Séoul) Karsten Huch with whom he successfully competed in national and international classes.
He was then bought by the owner of Minotauros in 1987, the year where he was approved in Sweden. He stood at stud up until his death in 1994 at the age of 22-years-old. He produced many good jumpers, amongst whom are Boychen, Boyram, Karl Alfred, Great Hope, Born Wild, La Chica, Muscot, as well as the winners in eventing Little Big Horn and Tin Boy. He produced two approved stallions: Lord Alberth and Minotauros SL.
His dam, C’est Si Bonne, has produced several show jumping winners amongst whom is her last foal Pallas Athenas, 4-year-old champion at Flyinge in 2004 and 4th at the 5-year-old Scandinavian Championships at Falsterbo in 2004.
His dam’s sire, Cicéron, is a national stallion at Flyinge. He produced 2 approved stallions and 144 broodmares.
The sire of his grand-dam, Dragon, is a well known stallion in his home-country who has produced a large number of good winners in show jumping, such as Verona, Swedish senior champion at the end of the eighties.
• Minotauros has produced very few offspring, having only stood for in hand coverings in Sweden, his sporting career having taken the priority up until now.
• In Sweden in 1995, he covered 5 mares (5 foals born), in 1996 he covered 6 (4 foals born), in 1997, 5 (4 foals born), in 1998, 6 (5 foals born), in 1999, 1 (1 foal born), in 2000, 14 (14 foals born), in 2001, 9 (9 foals born), in 2002, 16 (13 foals born), in 2003, 21 (19 foals born + stillborn twins), in 2004, 25 (all in foal), in 2005, 32 (27 foals born), in 2006, 28 (26 in foal), in 2007, 23 (21 in foal), and in 2008, 17 mares (15 in foal).
• He nevertheless produced two approved Swedish riding pony stallions:
- Gun’s Firecracker (dam by Son of a Gun, Tb), born in 1997 and a good performed in National classes over 1m20;
- Axxas Intermezzo (out of Anton Bubbling Party by Oakley Bubbling Spring), approved at 3-years-old in 2008.
• Furthermore, from his first generation of offspring, Ariadne (out of Annie Get your Gun by Son of A Gun, Tb), Barbie Girl (best paces at the 2002 Swedish Riding Pony Championships), Iza K, Chinese Lady, Minette (out of Blackie) and Mingo (his full brother) were placed in classed up to 1m30. In Sweden in 2005 his son Chagall (out of Ronja Emm) was placed 3rd of the 3-year-old ponies at the Nationals; in 2008 his daughter Queens Wild Chervil (out of Golden Star) was 4-year-old show jumping Champion while Queens Windflower finshed 4th of the 5-year-olds; in 2009 his daughter Jamilia was crowned 5-year-old show jumping Champion (with marks of 18.2! ) In 2010 8 of the 184 finalists in the young pony show jumping classes were sired by Minotauros: Popper was 8th of the 4-year-old D ponies, Golden Oz was 3rd of the 5-year-old C ponies, Queens Dandelion was 5-year-old D pony Champion, Minos was 5th of the 6-year-old D and C ponies.
• Of his 12 offspring born in 2003, 4 have been shown in 3-year-old ridden classes: one of the four got a 8.9/10 for jumping ability and the two others 8.8/10.
• In 2007 Minotauros SL was graded A based on the excellent sporting results of his progeny.
• Minotauros was approved Pfs in March 2010 with the best marks for jumping and paces.
• He has sired a total of 18 offspring born in France, amongst them, Scotty du Ham (m, Pfs, out of Kiss My Rock by Lusty du Bailly, Co) and Tinotauros de Florys (Pfs, m, out of Pharone de Florys by Nantano, Drp), who have been approved as stallions. The first equally obtained the mention Excellent at the Cycle Classique show jumping finals for 4-year-old D ponies and IPO 113 in 2010, whilst the latter, a incredible jumper of the highest calibre, was 5th of the Pfs 3-year-old males at the Nationals in 2010.
• Minotauros SL is homozygous bay.
Minotauros SL is available in France and CE
IAC (artificial insemination with frozen semen) in approved centres.
200 € per dose before tax for final customers (VAT 5.5 %)
Minimum 3 doses per stallion per first order - no max.
TRANSPORT FEES FOR DOSES 2009 – excluding fees for health certification - within the European Communities Zone
The present tariffs include the round-trip transport for the container
||Round trip tariff, excl. tax
||96 heures et +
||72 / 96 heures
||72 / 96 heures
|| 96 heures et +
| 288,00 €
|| 48 heures
|| 223,00 €
|| 48 heures
|| 236,00 €
||72 / 96 heures
|| 278,00 €
|| 96 heures et +
| 343,00 €
It is possible to insure the declared value: 0.5 % of the declared value.
Health documentation fees within the EC: forfeit of 50.00€ excluding tax per shipment. (or 110.00€ excluding tax if an other health documentation fees)
Health documentation fees outside the EC: forfeit of 115.00€ excluding tax per shipment.
We would remind you that we must have the EC conformity number for the insemination centre or the veterinary clinic destined to complete the certificate of health: it is following the presentation of this document to the local authorities (your breeding associations) that they will deliver the certificates and proofs of covering required in your country.